Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Me thinks it's a scam...let's see

The following is an email conversation I began as I was inquiring about an apartment for rent in the Salt Lake area. Note Salt Lake City is where this Craigslist posting was listed...

On Jan 22, 2008 11:52 AM Chris Barragan wrote:
1. Chris Barrington
2. 730 Ocean St Santa Cruz, Ca 831.427.0532 (editors note: this is the address and phone for Wamu)
3. 31 years old
4. four
5. yes, a dog
6. yes
7. Insurance
8. Christian
9. Praise yes.
- Hide quoted text -

On Jan 22, 2008 11:40 AM, Beth Moore wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Good hearing from you that you shall be promising us that our house
will be well taken care of,and i appreciate your expression.So , i want you
to stick to your words.Is that okay with you?And the below is the
final question that you must answer to qualify for this the rent of my
house?


RENT APPLICATION FORM:
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
45)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)What is your religion?
10)Are you born again?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can
have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting
you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the
document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust
and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not
see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand and I pray the lord be with you,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.
Below is the address of the house
325 Dune st
Norfolk Va

Regards.
Await your reply now




On Jan 21, 2008 11:35 PM, Chris Barragan wrote:
Please allow me to pay rent now $650 I am willing to pay each month. I have check for $1500 can you please take your $650 and forward remaining $850 to party I have payment for in Panama. I have brother who has Christian work relief mission there. If this is good time please reply.

Thank you.

On Jan 21, 2008 9:01 PM, Beth Moore wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for your response regarding your interest in having my apartment for rent.The apartment is much available for now.I want you to know that I am the owner of this building .But right now i am in africa on a Christain mission with my wife and we have the keys right here with us.I will like to inform you that it was due to my transfer that made us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a resposible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own.So for now,We are here in West Africa,NIGERIA our new house and also with the keys of the house,we are trying to look for an agent that we can give this document before we left but could not see and we are as well as dont want our house to be used any how in our absent that is why we to ok it along with us here.We are only willing to give the apartment out to a lovely and caring family only, so if you know you cannot give the apartment the neatness it deserves please don't contact me.But if you promise to always take good care of apartment,get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in rentiong home.Hope you are okay with the price of $650 with hydro,heat laundry facilities,air-condition and so on.i look forward to hearing from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application to fill out and discuss on how to get the house for rent,also are you ready to rent it now or when?
Thanks,
Await your reply


On Jan 21, 2008 7:28 PM, Chris Barragan wrote:

I am interested in the advertisement on craigslist and would like to have more information.

Thank you,

Chris Barragan
831.239.9913

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, I thinks a scam too :)