Thursday, September 25, 2008

"We're all out of beans"


No greater words have ever come from a speakerbox at a fast food resturant. If you've been a religious reader of my blog you'll remember Lymie Beans!!!!! where I began my disdain for all legumes.

That being said the other day I went to Taco Bell with Brooke. As we pulled up to the drive through (I rarely go to the drive through, I hate it. I'm already so impatient that I can't wait for a decently cooked meal? Now I have to eat it in my car? Why don't they just shoot it into my mouth as I speed by?) the person taking our order made the following statement:

"Welcome to Taco Bell, we're all out of beans how can I help you?"

To which I replied:

"No sweeter words have ever come out of a Taco Bell speaker, I hate beans"

The employee got confused and it took a little while to get our order. When we drove up I explained that I hated beans and that this was a wonderful day. He really didn't care all that much.

You see any order that I placed, with the caveat to omit beans could not be denied or ignored. I was free to order a Burrito Supreme and not even have to add the tagline "no beans on that please." The crunchy cheesy wrap no worries no beans. Yes it was a wonderful visit to our local Taco Bell.