Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Week and Then the Election Madness Ends

Here's the deal, when this election really began, when parties had their candidates and it was time to make a decision, I was excited.

I registered, I listened to both conventions, and I made my decision.

Now it's just crap. I've grown tired of the experience.

You're telling me you haven't decided who you'll be choosing? You're telling me that after hours of debates, talking heads and celebrities weighing in (they're the one's we really need to listen too. I made my decision because Oprah told me so) you haven't picked a candidate?

Well I'm tired. Tired of hearing about the election. I'm over these last minute dirt diggings. I'm way tired that the election is all I see.

I get it you're voting for McCain, you want Obama.

What I can't stand is the nature and lengths we go to be heard. More so, how we pick our party.

It's the party or bust.

I wanted one candidate, they didn't win the primary. I watched the conventions and formed my opinion.

Does it match what I initially chose? Nope.

Am I okay with that? Sure.

What other option do I have?

What sucks is I have to hear the candidates, the Facebook, the blogs, the MSNBC, the FOX, beating their effing drum relentlessly.

I feel like I'm getting on an airplane and learning how to buckle a seat belt.

Oh the big end goes in the little end? Really?

Oh this is the most important election I'll ever be a part of? Really?

If you think I don't care about my civic duty, I registered and will vote early this week. I am also scheduled to work as a Poll Clerk in Utah.

Bottom line is I've chosen my presidential candidate

(I made it independent of you and as far as I know this blog has not eluded to who it is. You don't need me to make your decision for you. You don't need to hear my drum banging. You're a big kid, read up on the issues and make a decision)

Do me a huge favor, there's one week left. Put some faith in your fellow Americans and let them cast their votes in peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow barragan, are you getting phone calls forcing you to listen to someone's pitch? that would suck...

basquegirl said...

Amen Brother Amen.
I am so so so over it.
I am over rabid forwarded e-mails with "scare quotes" around everything. "Read this before you vote!" "Must see"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I already voted and I don't need anymore crazy "Hi, this is _____________" calling...frickin' robo calls.
And I don't understand the undecideds. I feel like they'll just flip a coin or some junk.
Sorry for the rant.
I feel better.

garrett said...

Wait... there's some sort of advertisement on your side bar... how'd you do that? are you making money from it? if so, how do i do the same??

(commentary about politics and how over it i am intentionally left out... except for this parenthetical element of my comment.)