Thursday, November 6, 2008

They Cleared the Path Now Pave the Way

I'd like to give a shout out to the men who have played our commander-in-chief on the silver screen.

Deep Impact: President Tom Beck



Our country faced it's biggest threat, a meteorite the size of your mom. Morgan Freeman as President of the United States, unfortunatley didn't have Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck to help rid the world of their impending destruction (they were busy facing another asteroid with the help of Aerosmith)

24: President David Palmer



David Palmer. What can I say about Dennis Haybert's role in 24. I love 24 and Haybert was the most confident and plausible character in the show. I all but forgot he played a Voo Doo chanting power slugger in "Major League" (Up your butt Jobu) Without a second thought I would have voted him to office.

His brother on the other hand had a very scandelous stay in the oval office.


So now as President elect Obama takes office Hollywood's Black presidents will no longer be fantasy. Hollywood will have a real person to build from.

In a moment of seriousness (If I can mingle the funny and serious in a single blog post) I am completely supporting my future president. I only wish our country was beyond the race issue enough to not make it about Obama's skin color. When I first heard the man speak, he was an inspiring orator. He's proven himself and his campaign. My hope is that his administration can now move forward and be measured by its accomplishments and not by his race.

And please oh please oh please oh please oh please, Chris Rock, stop it, don't make anymore movies, do yourself favor and just go away...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously! i wish i could have voted for president palmer, especially season 2 president palmer :)

Unknown said...

Yeah and Wayne Palmer couldn't hold a candle to his brother. And what about when they didn't give the medicine to that guy and he died.