Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time to Plan

Well today, and many days leading up to today, I've been facing myself. Please excuse me as this may end up being more ramble than content. What I'm trying to get at is I'm at a major crossroad in my life.

I am so happy with my new life. I have a loving supportive wife. She has been a relief from a long time of pain and hurt. She has been inspiring in my progression and I am so in love with her. I have a new daughter. I am so in love with her. She truly makes me want to be a better man every day. Ultimately these two are bringing me to this point in my life.

I've been listening a lot more lately. I've been hearing so much unhappiness and worry in the world. I myself have been worrying a great deal. Where are we going to be as a society if we keep going the way we are? Our financial, social, spiritual well being. Who's hands are we in?

I really don't want to put hollow words on a blog and be inspiring for a fleeting moment. I really want to do something good. I look around and I think to myself "What am I doing and what more can I do?"

I've decided that over the next several months I want to put in place goals that will reflect my desire to do something more. I want to put them into categories and work at each in an attainable manner.

First: Spiritual, I want to present myself to my Bishop, he being my spiritual leader, to let him know that I am living my religion to the best of my abilities. That means I am doing proactive and noticeable things, not because I am seeking praise or an outward recognition, but because I want to show that I am ready to exercise the priesthood again, hold a calling, and be worthy to attend the temple. I plan to pray daily, with more sincere intent. I plan to read daily, if just one verse of scripture personally and one as a family. I intend to attend and participate in all of my Sunday meetings.

Second: Family, I want to spend time with my wife in a quality way each day. I want us to be able to talk with each other without the distractions of job or tv or dog. I want us to set goals for our family and most importantly for Olive. I want to be able devote an ample amount of time to her and be willing to abandon all else when Brooke and Olive need me. I want to be able to sing to Olive at least once a day.

Third: Career, I want to complete the tasks assigned by my manager, mainly, complete my business routing and action plan. I want to work on engaging questions for my offices and develop relationships with all the staff in each office I call on. My goal is to have a comfortable working dynamic with my offices by May. I want to set goals to really determine the needs of all of my clients.

Fourth: Socially, I want to get to know new people in Lake Havasu. The dog park has been a great place to meet people. I want Brooke and I to ask a young couple to something social.

Fifth: Governmentally, This is a lofty one. Initially I want to contribute to my political party in Lake Havasu. I want to attend my City Council meeting and see how I can help in my new home. Greater still I am concerned with the state of health care in our country. I want to see what I can do to team with others to provide possible solutions. I have already spoken with old acquaintances about this and hope to move forward.

Sixth: Educationally, I want to set a goal to learn a new skill. I need to come up with a list of ideas in the next month and plan how to approach them.

Seventh: Health, I plan on seeing the doctor this April and I plan to improve my health based on his suggestions. I intend to exercise and eat more appropriately.

So that's a bit. Its a start a something bigger. I want to think long term. Hopefully I won't lose my steam.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm really proud of you, chris; those are great goals. lucky olive, to have a daddy who sings to her :)

Sea Plus said...

You are fat.

Anonymous said...

this one's for you, kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjNVPsL5EY&feature=player_embeddedf

Together We Save said...

I just stumbled upon your blog your ideas for goals are very good. Something the whole country should be doing.