Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Have to Say I am a Lucky Man

This past weekend was wonderful in some respects and difficult in others. Brooke and I went to Santa Cruz with Olive. We visited Brandy Rose Sanders. We stayed at the Wilson, visited with Mikey and Alena. We got to even see mom Chidester.

Despite the recent hardship we now must face I needed to say how lucky I am. I am so blessed with an amazing wife and a breath takingly beautiful daughter. We face so much uncertainty right now. Seeing Brooke and Olive I have so much hope.

We had a long drive home on Monday. From Santa Cruz to Lake Havasu it's about nine hours. We drove almost the entire way without music or other distractions. When was the last time you spent one, two or even nine hours in a car with someone and not feel the need to fill the time with outside sounds?

We laughed, we talked a bit about how we're going to make it each month while having to send $2,000 of our income away. (Another story for another time) We spent sometime just talking about our life, how far we've come and what our plans are.

I loved it. Reflecting on it now I'm in awe of how perfect Brooke has been for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, brookey is a peach, and i'm glad she came around :)

Brooke Barragan said...

you're the best thing in the world buddy. olive and i were talking about that just this morning. but i know the real reason you liked the drive home...

Sea Plus said...

You are still fat.