Thursday, November 22, 2007

This one goes out to you Cathy Barragan (and Toblerone too...oh yeah and I guess that Joel guy although he wasn't mentioned much)

Thought about this one, maybe just for a second. Well anyway I was inspired tonight just to write for a minute or two, who knows it could be months without returning here. My first and second posts were separated by days. Anyway my sister Cathy and I spoke briefly today about the subject of blogging, by the way, I've been really self conscious about myself in recent years and haven't been happy about photos. Craig took this one this past weekend and I liked it so it'll become a theme pic. I think it will be utilized when I'm pondering, pontificating or pensively alliterating my sentences out. So back to me and Cathy. Cathy made mention that she doesn't quite get blogs, they're suppose to be almost an online journal of our thoughts, feelings, etc. I agreed, she then went on to say how does one allow themselves to become that intimate with the readers on the world wide web. I answered simply that the author can edit their words, hold back from disclosing too much. In retrospect I can't help but think of how sincere a statement Cathy made. She sees a entry as a personal look at her self, completely exposed perhaps to all around. I don't think I could ever be that vulnerable but man she made me think.

I don't remember who I was talking to about this the other day and I'm not saying it to conceal any information from you three valuable readers, I saying it because I don't remember, but there was a time when Cathy and I really struggled as brother and sister. I am so happy where we are at in our relationship right now and I am so happy that she is with her new husband Joel. It just sucks that she's all the way in Seattle and doesn't get to live near Toblerone any more.

So I've been on a tangent since the beginning, apologies. It is a bit late and I'm getting tired. I just wanted to write something more and I think that this blog turned into the conversation with Cathy, reserved words because of whatever. I'll try my best not to censor my blogs, in the future at least. I'm realizing that with each word I'm playing a bit of a hipicritical role. Haven't been the happiest lately, I did go to Utah to see Craig and friends (Alex, Brooke, Dave, Gordon, Grant, Heather, Poopsie and others) notice I put those I remembered in alphabetical order as to not offend. Craig got his own mention cause let's face it I wouldn't know this band of misfits without him. It was refreshing, it was freeing. I feel like when I visit I reclaim a part of my past that I miss tremdously. Not that my current friends aren't great mind you, but I really do long for these friends and this environment. Craig has and will always be my shelter from reality. I'm getting tired right at the point where I could go on. Blogs should be short though and often, keep you three out there on the hook for more. Please post comments and let me know how to attch others to my blog site. I noticed Craig and Brooke have me on there site and I don't know how to reciprocate that. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sign in; go to Layout; click on Add A Page Element; go to Link List and click Add To Blog; paste the link to Craig’s (or whoever's) blog where it says New Site URL; give it a title in the New Site Name field; click Add Link and then Save Changes. You can add as many as you want. And you can give the whole list of links a title at the top in the Title field. It’s magic, really.