Tuesday, July 22, 2008

..........Thank You For Being a Friend..........


"If you threw a party and invited everyone you knew. You would see the greatest gift would be from me. And the card attached would say... Thank you for being a friend."

Today we say goodbye to Estelle Getty, Sophia Petrillo Zbornak to so many. She died at the age of 84 in Santa Monica California.

Sophia is survived by her friends Rose Nylund, Blanche Deveraux, and son, Dorothy Zbornak.

I have to admit I watched way too many episodes of Golden Girls (and "Mama's Family" for that matter.)



In any event we won't let "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" or "Mannequin" take away from what a great actress you were. Forever in our hearts you'll be "ma"

Thank you for being a friend!




...and then there's this guy,


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a second, she DIED at 84? Her entire career started at 84. They must've meant 124.

hilary said...

Oh, how sad. In my mind, every house in Florida will always look like the front of their house. And the wicker furniture on the patio. I can't remember any high school physics, but I sure remember Golden Girls.
"Travel down the road and back again. . . your heart is true, your a pal and a confidant".
Thanks for the update.
Love, Hilary

Anonymous said...

dude, i LOVED Mama's Family, and was totally disbelieving when my parents told me vicki lawerence was not an old lady...