Saturday, July 5, 2008

What I've learned by not logging out of my email



So I sometimes use my friends computer (name withheld for safety reasons) so anyway this friend, lets call him Rusty Jackson sent an email on my behalf to a former colleague of my in Connecticut. It was embarrassing and though I was able to smooth it over it was pretty hard to believe that I had to fix it. Well I did my best going forward not to forget to sign out.

So in the process of time I have been trying very hard to get a position with two great companies. It's been a long process and I haven't worked since a short lived position with a Connecticut based company and a Park City Benefits company.

I enjoyed my time with the Park City company and I am grateful for that opportunity. I worked with great people and had opportunities to create things.

Since it's been taking so long to hear from these new companies I've been a bit worried about having a job. I'm sure others including my friend Rusty have been concerned. I get that.

Now this is what happened. Yesterday I checked my email and saw that I got an out of office reply from my former boss. I thought it was weird but I didn't think anything of it.

This morning I was talking with Rusty Jackson and he asked me if I had heard anything from "Don" at the Park City company.

I couldn't believe it. "You didn't email him. Please tell me you didn't email him" I said.

"I just know that you need a job." Rusty said.

"Come on man, I don't even want to work there again. Come on you didn't really email them."

"I just sent the email it'll be okay."

"Rusty you can't do that, I'm gonna go check."

I went to my gmail account and sure enough in my sent emails was a letter to my former boss. And I'll quote...

"Hey Don,
I've been thinking about my departure. Career wise, I'm not sure if it was the right move. Can you let me know if any positions open and reconsider my employment?

Have a good holiday.
Chris"


But you know what the best thing is. At the end of each of my emails is a link to my blogspot. Which if you're a reader of my blog you'll know that I recently posted a video with Craig Tovey. So the best part about the email is that if my former boss clicks my blog link he'll get to watch that video and get to see my bare bottom. Yes, me in a towel.

Thanks Rusty Jackson. Pretty awesome.

***As a note. I just found out that he sent four other emails.So That's awesome***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, no bueno. have you shanked "rusty jackson" yet? if not, i know some folks who will...

Sea Plus said...

Make your blog private or by invitation only for the next few weeks.