Monday, January 19, 2009

Last Week at Lilly's Lair


So it's 8:50 am on the east coast. I'm no where near the coast, I'm in Indianapolis. I've been here since the 5th of January training for Eli Lilly (not the cotton gin inventor). This morning we had three test covering Depression (100%), Fibromyalgia (100%) and Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain (70%, not so good).

So guess who'll be back tomorrow morning to hopefully pass the Fibromyalgia test?

Chris Barragan.

Indianapolis hasn't been great, but it hasn't been that bad either. I've had some good food, and there's been a lot of learning which I am really enjoying. Really the hardest thing has been being away from Brooke. It sucks man. I want to just be home and to just know that I could waste a day just hanging out.

Oh, it's been cold here, it was -10 degrees last week. -10!!!! What the heck?! The wind chill brought it to a balmy -30. Which is awesome. I learned very quickly that you don't open your mouth when it's anywhere under -5. Good times.

I went to The Children's Museum of Indianapolis on Saturday. Great place if you have kids, not so great if you're a 30 year old chubby man. I must have looked like someone Chris Hansen is looking for on "To Catch a Predator"

I went because they had an exhibit on comic books. It turned out to be really lame (growing up a huge comic book fan it was a real let down, it was more for kids so I understood)

I left probably 20 minutes after getting there so $15 well spent. I gave my ticket to a couple and they were pretty stoked.

My classroom has a industrial view of the city (lots of factories in our area) you can see where the Colts play from the class.

It's quiet right now because we just finished our test. I think I'm gonna play some Beavers and Ducks, I like that song and so should this class.

And then there's this guy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell me i didn't contribute to your crap test score...

Brooke Barragan said...

two hundred and seventy percent! that's amazing!!! oh, is that not how it works?